My much needed weekend away was great. The weather was warm, the lake was spectacular, it was all perfect. The resort we stayed at was really great and the room had the most awesome view from the balcony.
It started off a little bumpier than expected, my car suddenly started overheating Friday morning, the car we were taking. Gah! No good. At least it did it before we were on the road. I picked up a rental and we were set. We left here about 6 in the evening and set out on our road trip!
The drive was beautiful and didn't seem too long, since we talked and listened to music the whole way. Once we got settled in, we hit the hotel bar and had a few drinks...oh and some food too!
The next morning I woke up to this incredible view.
We went and had some breakfast then walked down main street and shopped. Shopping without little hands touching everything was AWESOME! I found some great earrings. We headed back to the hotel and laid out by the lake all afternoon, sipping pineapple and rum. ahhhhhhh......
That evening we went to a little restaurant and had dinner and wine, lots of wine. Sunday we started out for home via Leavenworth. It's a cute little Bavarian town. We walked around, checked out all the little shops, bought prizes for our kiddos, then headed home. It really was a great weekend, just what I needed. I'm so glad I got away.

No comments:
Post a Comment